Hot chocolate for awesome people
8 oz. (two 4-oz. bars) dark chocolate
4 cups whole milk
1 Tbsp. brown sugar (or other sweetener) + more if you want
2 tsp. cornstarch
booze of your choice
1 Tbsp. instant espresso powder
ground spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, chile powder, etc.)
1. Chop chocolate into small pieces. The smaller they are, the faster and more smoothly they will melt.
2. Optional: If using cornstarch, whisk with ½ cup milk and set aside.
3. Heat milk, sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally.
4. When milk begins to bubble around the edges, stir in chocolate and whisk until smooth.
5. Add cornstarch mixture and any other add-ins. Whisk until smooth and steaming hot.
5. Pour into cups and top with all the marshmallows you can cram in there.